Tuesday, September 9, 2014

HER LURE

HER LURE

She doesn't realize the guy is a gem,
or how close she is to losing him.

She thinks the strings are secure,
whenever she pulls them he moves to her lure.

He is at her beck and call,
but that's not enough for her, no not at all.

Controlling him is her only goal,
she gives no thought to his loving soul.

He buys her clothes, and diamonds and flowers,
while she complains because he works long hours.

In all her sparkling glory she is unaware,
of the sadness lurking behind the smile he wears.

But I see his wooden smile
and hollow eyes,
his spirit dying as he tries and tries,
to make her happy by living a lie.

Yes, I see, and I make a promise,
some day, some place, without notice,

Through those binding strings I will slice,
I will take a chance and roll the dice.

Knowing full well the gamble is great,
whenever we tip our hand and play with fate.

There is no way to know,
exactly which way it might go.

Free of her strings, her pull, her lure,
would he run to me, or back to her door?

No comments:

Post a Comment