Wednesday, September 10, 2014

STOP DREAMIN'

STOP DREAMIN'
From Conversations with Jethro:

This conversation took place recently one morning following my Facebook post the night before. The post was of a picture which shows a man leaning against a fancy black BMW with a large bouquet of roses laying on the hood.

My phone rings and I answer it.
ME: "Good morning."

JETHRO: "Good morning Miss Ann. Did you get all your dreamin' done yet?"

ME: "Of course not."

JETHRO: "You sure are dreamin' if you think any self respectin' feller who owns a fancy car like that would do anything to scratch it. Ain't no way he would throw them thorny flowers on the hood of that car, or prop his butt on the fender. It must not really be his car."

ME: "It's just a picture."

JETHRO: "It's just a fantasy that fills a woman's head full of silly ideas and makes it hard for us men to ever live up to their expectations. It's hard for a workin' man to afford one rose let alone a bunch like that."

ME: "It's just a picture."

JETHRO: "I bet the photographer was a lady. Ain't no way a man would've come up with somethin' like that."

ME: "Don't you have something to do beside interrupting my dreams?"

JETHRO: "Yes ma'am I sure do, but you are too smart to continue with such foolishness. As your friend it's my duty to wake you up."

ME: "I am awake."

JETHRO: "Good ,now don't go back to sleep as soon as I hang up the phone."



No comments:

Post a Comment