Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Old Crow

The Old Crow
The question is not who is going to let me; it is who is going to stop me?

I shall be, what I shall be, even if it's not appropriate during your afternoon tea.
I shall do what I shall do, and I shall go where I shall go, and I shall be what I shall be.

Were you wise and not so scared, instead of standing starring there, a cup or bowl or any dish, you would grab, and plant your flag, and sail away with me to vast adventures on high seas.

But alas, you are unable to forget the etiquette that binds and keeps you caged
with your need for afternoon tea.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting poem. It is revealing something more than just the illustration, after all poems are meant to be multifaceted Also the words are very personal to you, your past , present and future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Matt. I enjoy the creative process of writing, especially when I let the words flow from my mind to the paper without over thinking, like when I write poetry.

    ReplyDelete